Many of our newer members are still searching for their "perfect" Oodle Dog.

Those who have already found their Furry Family Member can help.

Let's talk about what you are looking for and see if other's can't point you in the right direction.

NEW MEMBERS - Post your location and what you are looking for (puppy, older dog, male, female, etc.) If you have questions or need some advice, ask that too.

OLD MEMBERS - Reply to the newer members with some suggestions.

LET'S SEE IF WE CAN DO SOME MATCHMAKING.

Views: 1647

Reply to This

My family would love to adopt a puppy or young mini to medium sized goldendoidle.  We feel that purchasing one from a breeder is an option that will always exist, but saving a life is more important.  We live in south Florida if anyone knows a doodle needing a home.  Thanks!!!
Suzi, look through the Southeast listings. Susan has some gorgeous doodles listed who are waiting for their chance. Send in lots of apps to increase your chances. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone
I just posted a few today, and there are alwasy doodles popping up. Follow the listings and you will ge tthe latest ones sent to your inbox daily when I update. :) I live in S. FL. too!

Hello my name is Robin Calderwood, I am a new member, I live in Wilmington, Ma. and I am looking for a poodle mix that would be a great play mate for my 1 yr old male mini golden doodle, he is 43lbs and loves to play. I think I want a female, but I am not sure. I do have dog allergies so I need a low shedding dog. I do not want a dog that is going to a lot bigger than Simon, but big enough to play with him. I am retired and have no small children and a large fenced yard. I was hoping some one could give me some suggestions.

Hello!

I am in upsate NY and looking for a male doodle! (Larger breed: Golden, Lab, etc.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I havent seen any in the northeast listings in quote a while :(

Hi Leigh. You just have to keep looking and watching the listings. There are many beautiful dogs just waiting and I know there have been a few listed in CT and other surrounding states so maybe you could make your circle a bit larger and be willing to travel a little farther. It will happen if you keep at it.

Robin, have you looked through the Northeast Listings? Poodle Mixes are easier to find usually than straight doodles, which is one reason why we branched out. Send in lots of apps to many different places and it will happen when it is meant to be. Good Luck in your search.

Thank you! We will definitly travel to CT, MA, PA, etc!

I have thank you so much for the help Lynne. I am not sure what size dog would work best with my dog.

As someone who has a Papillon, a chi-mix, a Bija-poo, a mini goldendoodle, 2 med doodles and an extra large 100# labradoodle, not to mention the assorted fosters who come in and out of my home...size will not matter to your dog. They learn how to get along with each other.

Really? I just had the worst experience with a poodle rescue group. I applied for a mini poodle and we had a home visit. She was looking for a home with a fenced yard and another dog to run and play with this poodle. They came for a home visit, she loved my home. the poodle was a little timid at first and did not want to play with my golden doodle. she was no afraid of him and was great with me and my husband. I told her I was interested and she said she would call me the next day, she was happy with everything. then the next day she called and said, my home was wonderful, but my dog was too big. She sent me pictures she took of the 2 dogs together. And then said she did not want the poodle to be with a bigger dog. I was heart broken. and I have been really hesitant to look at smaller dogs.

That may have been that dog. Maybe she was just timid around bigger dogs. But from my experience, the little one's are bossier than the big ones. A mini-doodle is not a big dog by any means. I was a bit nervous my 100# dood would be too massive for the chi and the pap, but those 2 girls jump all over him. It depends on the personality of the dogs not the size. Don't give up on getting a smaller one, if that's what you want.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Have a Comment or Question?

Oodlesofdoodles-rescue@yahoo.com

COME FOSTER WITH US CLICK FOR FOSTER APPLICATION

© 2024   - Created, January 19, 2009 by LM Fowler - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Oodles of Doodles Rescue, Inc - 501(c)(3) Non-Profit

Oodle ~ Poodle ~ Doodle ~ Fuzzy Critter Rescue / Rehome

THIS is The Original Doodle Rescue Collective Website, since Jan. 2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~