My doodle is more poodle-like in her hair texture and I can see skin easily. It is not all that thick, iow.  I never had a dog who required a winter coat so I am unsure how to judge this. My Husband and I think she does but... what kind? How heavy does it have to be to really keep her warm? What about her legs? the hair on the legs is not thick either!

does she need it just to go out to pee? a little help, please? TIA, friends.

mp

Views: 707

Reply to This

That's great news, MP. It is amazing how they form into their pack family. I swear, mine would protect each other (and the family) with their lives. They play and really seem to love each other. I think it is so much better to have more than one dog. They do keep each other company and play to exhaustion sometimes. But it is a fun dynamic to watch. Congratulations.

oH, THANK YOU, LYNNE! I am sooo satisfied now. That feeling that one of my pack is missing has finally been addressed with the adoption of this needy girlie. I just felt it in my heart, when the 2 doods I was looking at (to adopt) were adopted by the time I was able to contact the shelter, speak with the directors, go back and speak with my husband, ''discuss'' , then return to petfinder and the shelter folks to find the adoption had been posted, they were taken... oh my goodness, it was torment for a few weeks. Then this rescue group, which I have never worked with before,  contacted me; yes, they came to ME. I took that as something to help with, not realizing this beauty would be my next family member. : ) Isn't it a wonderful Christmas Gift?? My hubby and I are just thrilled!

I'm SUCH a sap. I want it to snow so I can take the pack's photos outside, with everydog in big red bows and make a santa cap on the foster puppy; since he is so small he can play ''the kid'', LOL!

Or maybe all the bog dogs in plaid scarves and the pupper in a bow. Something CUTE, LOL! sappy,sappy,sappy <-- that's me.

mp

No, it sounds like a recipe for a Happy Holiday Season. I can hear the HAPPY in your writing. You know we will be expecting a blog and lots of pictures? Sending big hugs.

Aawwww, gee, shucks! ; )  Thanks, Lynne. I am looking forward to a Happy Christmas Day and a Happy Holliday Season altogether. I have a feeling 2011 will be an outstanding year.

I do not know how to put pix online. I know, I know, too lazy or climsy to learn so far. It is my intention to learn once one of my kids has a block of time to teach me. I am a hands-on type learner. I need to read the steps in order, then as I am re-reading, do it myself while someone computer-saavy walks me through the process. That way I will really learn it.

I am sending some warm hugs right back atcha and to all in our rescue group here... wishing you all a Happy Holiday Season! The dogs we save have every reason to celebrate life and so do we!

My next rescue HAS to be another doodle. I am in love with them. Smitten. Hopeless case, as is my he-man hubby, LOL!

Best wishes to all,

mp

If I can learn how to be a webmaster, you can learn how to post pictures. It's really easy and once you do it a few times it's like you always did it. Get your kids to show you how to save pics to your computer and I can walk you through getting them on here or Facebook or anywhere else on the web. If you have one of the new iPhones you can take and email them to yourself. That's all I am using anymore. It's sooooo easy.

Thank you for the generous offer to teach me, Lynne. I will def'ly take you up on it soon. I must learn how to do these things!

mp

Anytime!

Here is our Thalie with her stunning waterproof winter coat! Of course her big sister Gamine only need her scarf to stay warm.

where to purchase a coat like this, please?

I got this one last year at a petshop near my home. It was the last one! Luckily the yellow is perfect for my black girl!!

I will check the brand name and let you know.

Do you have a link to where you bought it, Jeannine? Or a brand?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Have a Comment or Question?

Oodlesofdoodles-rescue@yahoo.com

COME FOSTER WITH US CLICK FOR FOSTER APPLICATION

© 2024   - Created, January 19, 2009 by LM Fowler - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Oodles of Doodles Rescue, Inc - 501(c)(3) Non-Profit

Oodle ~ Poodle ~ Doodle ~ Fuzzy Critter Rescue / Rehome

THIS is The Original Doodle Rescue Collective Website, since Jan. 2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~