Dakota was adopted into at her new home in Cambridge, MA on January 16, 2010.  Dakota, now known as Moxie, (which seems like a perfect name for a beautiful girl who has survived a lot of adversity is still strong, brave, smart, and so loving) has completely settled in and looks like she's been here forever!  She has been a joy to have here for this first week.  She is learning how to walk on her leash as she explores her new neighborhood and meets new friends.  She does have to stop at every tree in case there might be a squirrel to "hunt."  She has found that her favorite places to sleep are the exact middle of the sofa or the big chair by the window so she can see everyone that goes by.  And she's definitely enjoying the home-cooking at her new home!

Her badly broken leg is healing well and she doesn't seem to be bothered at all by it.  She'll have x-rays in a couple of weeks to make sure she's completely healed.  Thank you  to everyone who expressed concern about her and donated towards the cost of her surgery!

Moxie's arrival has been celebrated by lots of people (especially her new mom) who all look forward to many, many years with her in her new forever home. This is definitely a HAPPY TAIL! 

Moxie resting after her long ride home.

Keeping an eye on the neighbors!

Fostered by Lynne Fowler

Views: 51

What sweet pictures! I am so happy for Dakota/Moxie and her new family!
You done good! Great pictures, Tina. She looks happy! Kiss that doodle nose for me.

Hard to believe it has been a year since Dakota, now Moxie, was here, had her leg surgery and in a few weeks, a year since she went home with her new mom, Tina. 

Tina sent me some new pics today:

Isn't she beautiful? Imagine that she might have lost her leg if I didn't get her to Red Bank Vet Hospital, which is the best in the state, allow her to recoup over last Christmas and find her the best mom. All the troubles over the last year is small potato's compared to this. Makes it all worth it.

RSS

Have a Comment or Question?

Oodlesofdoodles-rescue@yahoo.com

COME FOSTER WITH US CLICK FOR FOSTER APPLICATION

© 2024   - Created, January 19, 2009 by LM Fowler - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Oodles of Doodles Rescue, Inc - 501(c)(3) Non-Profit

Oodle ~ Poodle ~ Doodle ~ Fuzzy Critter Rescue / Rehome

THIS is The Original Doodle Rescue Collective Website, since Jan. 2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~