I had to write these down before I forgot... Tessa has some of the funniest quirks! I wonder if this or if it is in fact a species thing, and not just a breed thing. Hmmm. Either way, every time she does them I laugh out loud... perhaps it's because the expression on her face? GOOFY girl!
1. Taking her large doodly paw and smacking her brother in the head or face until he starts tackling her... (Poor Cody, he sometimes hides under the table or leaps on me on the couch to have a break from her antics!)
2. While Cody sleeps, she often prances over, lifts up his ear with her nose, inspects with a few sniffs then starts cleaning them. He stays fast asleep... sometimes I think I can hear him sighing with happiness :)
3. Before I let them out in the morning, I make them sit and have the door open. Tessa sits but not all the way, just enough to make it appear as if she is... she thinks I don't notice. I say "Tessssaaa" She huffs and then lays down, all the while scouting the garden for unsuspecting squirrels! When she finally does get outside, she commences this marching-come-trotting along the fence line in total patrol mode. It's hilarious.
4. Her favorite thing at the moment is to sneak a paw up on the couch where her humans are and smother them with 1 million licks on the face. My Dad aka Grandpa LOVES this. It makes him laugh so hard. With him, she gets on the couch entirely, puts her paws on his chest and starts on his neck all the way to his forehead, lol.. all the while, Grandpa is in a fit of giggles. It's the cutest thing to watch. Then she nestles in beside him for a little cuddle :)
5. When the two fur babes are practising their wrestling skills, Tessa is known for her secret move. Bite the back legs! It always makes Cody sit and then she has the prime advantage of being above him and the pinning begins. I love watching them play. Cody sometimes gets the upper hand, which leaves him feeling rather proud, and he begins laps around the couch at full tilt, expressing his victory... yes, a victory lap! LOL
6. When we're at the dog park, leave it to Doodle brains to find the dirtiest place to lie down. We went on Sunday morning and she had everything but the kitchen sink attached to her furry coat!! Twigs, leaves, wood chips, dirt.. and more dirt. There was actually a twig dangling in front of her eye and she was furiously trying to bite it off her head. haha. Chris and I were hysterical.
Ah well... the stories will keep rolling in I'm sure..... hope this gave you all a giggle or two. Maybe you can even relate! I dunno what it is but Doodles in general have a GREAT sense of humor :)