2½ cups whole wheat flour
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons peanut butter
½ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a stand mixer, mix together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon

Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff.

Roll the dough into a ½-inch-thick roll. Cut into ½-inch pieces.

Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.

I like recipes with few ingredients and this fits the bill.

At dinner time, my pack gets a good, premium, high protein, few ingredient - kibble soaked until soft and a “soup” I have made with the chicken, brown rice and peas, carrots, grean beans. The “soup” is easy to make and so good for them that I hope you will do it to ensure keeping them healthy.

Making the “Soup” for one or two dogs: 

In a soup or high side pan, add some water and olive oil, enough to cover the chicken. I like chicken tenders because they come individually frozen & there’s no bones, but you can use legs, thighs, any chicken, turkey or hamburger or pork chop, whatever meat you want. Avoid too much fatty skin (some is OK). I add the frozen chicken and frozen veggies (or if using canned veggies, I add at the end) and simmer until chicken is done. In a separate pot, I have made the brown rice and I make enough for a couple days and refrigerate or freeze.

The big dogs get one or 2 tenders per night and small dogs get less, cut up into bites, some veggies and a couple tablespoons of rice over the soft moistened kibble. I add some of the broth from the “soup,” a capsule of fish oil (poke a hole w/pin and drizzle over meal), and a dog multivitamin or Missing Link Probiotic Powder, every few days. 

RSS

Have a Comment or Question?

Oodlesofdoodles-rescue@yahoo.com

COME FOSTER WITH US CLICK FOR FOSTER APPLICATION

© 2024   - Created, January 19, 2009 by LM Fowler - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Oodles of Doodles Rescue, Inc - 501(c)(3) Non-Profit

Oodle ~ Poodle ~ Doodle ~ Fuzzy Critter Rescue / Rehome

THIS is The Original Doodle Rescue Collective Website, since Jan. 2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~