TWO SPECIAL NEEDS DOODLES NEED A SPECIAL FOREVER HOME:

PLEASE CONSIDER OPENING YOUR HEART TO ONE OF THESE SPECIAL DOODLES

I have been asking for another rescue to take Mercedes or Bubbles since April.  They are both female dog aggressive, and it is just too difficult having both of them along with 12 other special needs dogs.  Mercedes is a black 2 year old Labradoodle (mini-poodle cross).  She is under 40 lbs.  Mercedes is "ticky" and appears to have mild neurological issues that do not impair her in any way. She does occasionally "overjump" things by several feet, but can run with the best of them.  Mercedes is very sweet.  She "smiles" submissively and is very well-mannered in the house.  She is crate-trained, and gets along great with male dogs.

Bubbles is a 2 year old Goldendoodle with an ectopic ureter.  2 surgeries were unsuccessful in fixing her leaking, but it is managable on medication.  Bubbles gets Proin twice a day, along with Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic) once a day to prevent UTIs.  Bubbles was also on DES (estrogen) once a week to help with her leaking, but that was creating major havoc with Mercedes and Bubble's attitude.

I have switched Bubbles to Remifemin, a natural estrogen free OTC medicine, and that has helped her edginess with female dogs, but Mercedes still has it out for Bubbles.  Keeping them safely separated is difficult, and one of them needs to go.  Please help me out here.  Winter's short days and bad weather make management of these two even more challenging. 

What is even more heartbreaking is that I have 4 doodles I can't place, but breeders are still pumping out more doodles.  Just saw a litter of German Shepherd/Goldendoodles today.  Must be nice not to have a conscience.

If adopted, their adoption fees are $100 each.  Bubbles cannot be crated due to her leaking, which would cause sores if she was confined.  She rarely needs washing, but her blankets do have to be cleaned frequently.  

Begging here!

Mercedes is a sweetie, but needs an assertive owner.  She was returned due to "growling" at the husband of the household.  I have NEVER seen any human aggression out of her, and am wondering if the husband mistook Mercede's submissive "smiling" for aggression. 

Will be happy to send more photos and answer any questions.

Thanks for your time.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ADOPTING EITHER OF THESE SPECIAL GIRLS, PLEASE FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AND IT WILL BE REVIEWED BY KRIS AND YOU WILL BE CONTACTED IF A GOOD MATCH. Click Here for Application

or IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VIRTUALLY FOSTER ONE OR BOTH OF OUR GIRLS, YOU DONATION CAN BE SENT VIA PAYPAL TO rescuerehab@earthlink.net

The Last Resort Dog Sanctuary & Hospice (formerly "The Poodle Preserve") desperatly needs help:

Due to lack of money, I had to take down my website, but you can read about my place here:

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/CO70.html  There is a "Make a Donation" button on this page.

Please considering sponsoring one of these doodles.  $20 a month will make the difference between life and death.  My heart is breaking. Please help! My email is rescuerehab@earthlink.net

Views: 114

Hi, Kris - I have been meaning to contact you about courtesy listing your doodles on my Petfinder site(s) - with their new update, it has a bit difficult for me to add dogs - it keeps giving me cat breeds and colors instead of dog ones! If you can send me some links and photos as attachments, I would be happy to put your rescue and your dogs on both Petfinder and my GunnDogs.webs site. You can go to www.gunndogs.webs.com and click to join, then we can put you a blog or something on there.
Best of luck to you...and please let me know how I can help. I have been in your shoes many, many times - heck, I may be there now - lol - and I know how hard rescue can be. Hang in there, I will send prayers your way. It seems that every time I am ready to throw in the towel and quit, Manna from Heaven arrives and snatches me back! Keep the faith, Kris, and let's keep in touch.
ps - you are also welcome to join my GunnDogs group on this site in case we might get some more exposure for you there. The more you are out there - amongst FRIENDS - the more help and support you will get.

RSS

Have a Comment or Question?

Oodlesofdoodles-rescue@yahoo.com

COME FOSTER WITH US CLICK FOR FOSTER APPLICATION

© 2024   - Created, January 19, 2009 by LM Fowler - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Oodles of Doodles Rescue, Inc - 501(c)(3) Non-Profit

Oodle ~ Poodle ~ Doodle ~ Fuzzy Critter Rescue / Rehome

THIS is The Original Doodle Rescue Collective Website, since Jan. 2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~