Many of our newer members are still searching for their "perfect" Oodle Dog.

Those who have already found their Furry Family Member can help.

Let's talk about what you are looking for and see if other's can't point you in the right direction.

NEW MEMBERS - Post your location and what you are looking for (puppy, older dog, male, female, etc.) If you have questions or need some advice, ask that too.

OLD MEMBERS - Reply to the newer members with some suggestions.

LET'S SEE IF WE CAN DO SOME MATCHMAKING.

Views: 1647

Reply to This

I am a new member and I love doodles, but have never had one.  I have had dogs and puppies my entire life, but never a doodle.  I cannot have a dog over 30 pounds where I live, and would like a dog who is at least 2 years of age.  I would prefer one that will not bark if I leave my apt., is good with kids, and is good with other dogs and animals.  Is there such a dog out there that fits this description?  I just think Miniature Goolden Doodles, Schnoodles, and Labra-doodles are the cutiest dogs in the world.  I also live in Northern Virginia.  I am willing to drive a ways to get this dog, but don't know exactly what it is that I need to do.  I would love to get a dog within the next 2 weeks.  Does anyone have any advice on the type of dog or what I need to do.  This is my 1st time doing anything like this.  Thank you so much for your help.  God Bless you all...  Laurie Thomas

Laurie, you may need to broaden your search a bit. You are looking for a specific "perfect" dog and he or she does not exist in rescue. ALL rescue dogs by 2 years old have had at least one (probably more) disappointments which means that they will need help to understand what you want from them as they have been with someone (or someone's) else and learned their routines in the past. These dogs are cute, but they are also extremely smart and do act out and do act up and will misbehave and will get into trouble, because of the pain, or problems of their past. Your desire of two weeks is a bit unrealistic, too. To apply, get approved, meet the dog, etc. takes more than 2 weeks. Good Luck in your search and you should put in many apps to increase your chances. 

I think I just deleted what I wrote by accident.  What I was saying is that I am new to all of this.  I have had dogs and puppies my entire life, but never a doodle.  I would absolutely love to get a doodle!  I think they are wonderful, but I am not sure if what I want exists.  I live in an apt. in Manassas, Va., so I cannot have a dog over 30 lbs.  Also, it would be great if he/she did not bark a lot when I go out, and gets along with children, pets, and other dogs.  There is a dog park close by, so we could play and run a lot.  I have lots of love and attention to give, and life is simply very blessed when one has a dog.  I am not sure exactly what I need to do, or how this all works.  I am willing to drive a bit to get a dog.  Do doodles have a pretty laid back temperment?  Any advice you have to give would be welcomed.  Thank you so very much and God Bless You...  Laurie Thomas

As someone who has been around many doodles over many years, the main thing I can say about doodles is...everyone is unique. That is one of the charms, but to generalize and using my pack as my reasoning, the smaller one's do tend to be more bouncy, active and vocal. While the larger one's seem to be more laid back and la-ti-dah. That's not to say that the opposite can't be true, but this is not a "Breed" that is regulated or tested, so you could have some who break that mold, too. But one thing I can say is, most are active and do need a lot of exercise. We require a fenced yard for our rescue dogs as a general rule, but when we do have one that is laid back, we can bend that rule. The "majority" of the Oodles I have met, however, are active and do not make good apartment or city dogs. There have been a few who would be fine, and if you got a puppy, they don't know any better. But an older dog? I don't know.

Hello, I'm Paisley and I live in Dallas, Texas. I'm a fun, energetic person looking for  a younger  Oodle (a year or younger or there abouts) I am not particular to any size, shape, sex or color.  I only have two "musts" and they are that the dog get along with other dogs and children, and, that they are low to non-shedding.  I have a slight skin allergy to dogs that do a great deal of shedding but I have lived with two doodles and a bichon/poodle mix before and never had a problem. 

I recently lost my doodle to a divorce :0(  So, I'm trying to start over and find my next forever oodle! 

I am open to traveling to pick up my doodle...I am very close to OK, AR, LA and MS.

Let's see what happens with the one you are going to meet tomorrow. Fingers and Paws are crossed.

Harriet,

I am also trying to get in touch with Gina.  She totally defrauded me on the dog I now have and have been trying to return and get my refund.  She will not return emails, texts or phone calls and like you, I can't find someone higher up to contact.  If you do, please let me know.  Elizabeth

I am looking for a lighter colored female dog. I have a playful but yet a lot I times chilled out small dog. I have a big house with a colmpletely finches in yard any size and age, just female and a light brown or white! Please someone help! I live in south carolina
I am looking for a lighter colored female dog. I have a playful but yet a lot I times chilled out small dog. I have a big house with a colmpletely finches in yard any size and age, just female and a light brown or white! Please someone help! I live in south carolina

Have you been looking through the listings? There are many beautiful dogs waiting for homes.

http://www.doodlerescuecollective.com/group/drrcsoutheast/forum/top...

Looking for:  Puppy and/or young golden or labradoodle. Must get a long with Cats, other dogs,  etc. 

We do not have a fenced in yard but very active couple for walk, runs, hikes..etc.  Will be frequent visits to the "fenced in" dog park. 15 years ago we professionally trained dogs and have the knowledge and love to provide.  We do not have children, our pets ARE our children, but we would like a doodle to be children friendly.  We have 4 cats and an older senior dog. Interested in a medium to large (50 -80 lbs.) active doodle.  Our life revolves around our pets.. we have so much love to offer a doodle. Any help appreciated.  Finding one has been difficult.. one to get along with cats/children and doesn't actually require a fenced in yard.

Have you looked through the Northeast Listings? There are a few doodles around the state, but I don't know the requirements I am afraid. "Doodle Rescues" are not the only place to find them. There has been a few in the Newark and NYC shelters, sadly. Middletown, NY gets them here and there, too. Poodle Rescues are another place to look. But shelters will be less stringent on fences than rescues will. 

http://www.doodlerescuecollective.com/group/drrcnjny/forum/topics/n...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Have a Comment or Question?

Oodlesofdoodles-rescue@yahoo.com

COME FOSTER WITH US CLICK FOR FOSTER APPLICATION

© 2024   - Created, January 19, 2009 by LM Fowler - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Oodles of Doodles Rescue, Inc - 501(c)(3) Non-Profit

Oodle ~ Poodle ~ Doodle ~ Fuzzy Critter Rescue / Rehome

THIS is The Original Doodle Rescue Collective Website, since Jan. 2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~