Many of our newer members are still searching for their "perfect" Oodle Dog.

Those who have already found their Furry Family Member can help.

Let's talk about what you are looking for and see if other's can't point you in the right direction.

NEW MEMBERS - Post your location and what you are looking for (puppy, older dog, male, female, etc.) If you have questions or need some advice, ask that too.

OLD MEMBERS - Reply to the newer members with some suggestions.

LET'S SEE IF WE CAN DO SOME MATCHMAKING.

Views: 1647

Reply to This

Congratulations. It takes a while but well worth the wait. Tell us more about him.

Hello!  We live in Columbus, OH and are searching for a younger (puppy or under 2 years) Goldendoodle or Labradoodle.  We'd would prefer a female, but would be content with either if we could just find one to rescue!!  We have a 1 yr old bearded collie, so it would need to be good with other dogs. We have a house with a large fenced in yard and we live close to a park, so any size doodle would be good since it will get plenty of exercise!  Any information, tips or leads would be much appreciated!

Marianne, have you gone through the Midwest listings? There are some beautiful dogs listed in your region. Fill out apps for several dogs... You never know plus it will increase your odds.
Hi - I am looking for a large young adult female light colored doodle - although any color will do!  One that would enjoy going for long walks with me.  I have a fenced in back yard and I also have a mini-daschund that we adopted from Fayette Friends of Animals and a 14 year old Peke-a-poo - I love these two immensely.  I thought I found the perfect doodle her name was Gabby on Petfinder at the Yukon shelter - she was beautiful - I called Monday and she was adopted on Sunday - (so sad but glad for her) - she was listed as a Schnauzer but was an all white doodle.  So I'm still looking and praying and keeping my fingers crossed. I live in Fayette County near Uniontown, PA.  Thank you.

Hi Charlotte. I am sorry you missed out on Gabby. But your Oodle is out there, you just have to find each other.

One thing to keep in mind is that these dogs get adopted or rescued very quickly. You can't wait. Call or better yet, go right away when you see one. 

Your best bet is to be proactive by sending in lots of apps all over your area. PA sees many Oodle/Doodles because of all the mills in your state. So if you stay on top of it, you should be able to find one there fairly easily. Plus, by sending in apps to many shelters and rescues, once you are approved, they will call you before they even list the dog. That way, when a match comes along that matches what you are looking for, you will get the call. Then, you can go and meet the dog and have the leg up on other apps that come in. That's what many people are doing and one of the reasons why the dog gets adopted so fast.Don't give up, your doodle is out there. 

Hello---

Has anyone had any dealings with Gina Austin of the LABRN lab and all breed rescue network??  They are listed as being in Sparta, NJ, but Gina seems to be in Memphis.  I applied for a doodle in Dec., 2010 (no pic---she was picking up a litter to be re-homed) and was told my applic fee of $325.00 would be returned if I changed my mind about the dog.  Based on the pic and the size she thought the dog would be, I told her I no longer wanted the dog.  Despite emails and many excuses, I still have not gotten my money back.  Her phone mailbox is consistently full, and I get no response to my emails.

Has anyone had dealings with her or this group?

If you come across their listings, be wary.

Any ideas how I can get my fee back?  Paypal will not get involved because I contacted them after 45 days.

Thanks for any input.

Oh Harriet, From what I can see, they are based in TN: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/TN502.html.

TN502 shows their location. I don't see anything listing Sparta, NJ. What listing shows NJ? Do you have any other documentation? I just friended Gina on Facebook, let's see if she answers and I'll ask her and I put an inquiry on my Facebook page to see if anyone else knows her. I am sorry you are having such an ordeal and should have said something sooner. I hope she will give you your money back, you may have to keep at her.

Lynne

Here is their info from petfinder==

Lab and All Breed Rescue Network

SPARTA, New Jersey

Or click here to see all local dogs, click here to see all local cats,
click here to see all local other pets
To find another local animal shelter, humane society, SPCA, dog rescue or cat rescue click here
UNDISCLOSED
SPARTA, NJ 07871
hondadrivr@yahoo.com
  Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
We Serve the Following Cities, Towns, and/or Counties: SOUTH TO EAST/NORTHEAST

About Our Rescue Group
I am Gina Austin, I have been doing dog rescue for 15 years. My primary goal is to rehome orphan dogs into good caring homes. I am a certified S.A.R.S. handler and work a JRT/border mix as an air scent dog (he was also a rescue). I am FEMA and TEMA trained for animal disaster response. I have placed several rescue dogs in working dog positions that couldn't find homes otherwise.
Come Meet our Pets
Please contact rescue for details.
Our Adoption Process
APPLICATION SCREENING
HOME VISIT
VET REFERENCE
PERSONAL REFERENCE
FEES $325.00

Gina Austin's email is hondadrivr...

The woman who is the initial contact is named Lisa and she is New Jersey.  She takes the applications and forwards them to Lisa.  The payment goes through paypal.

You will see that the Sparta location is undisclosed.  I have Lisa's email but cannot reach her by phone.

The story was that Gina picks up the dogs wherever, then arranges transport to various places --I was supposed to meet them somewhere in New Jersey. 

Let's see if you can find out anything.

Thanks.

Hummm... this is smell not funny... Good luck Harriet. I hope you will get your money back soon.

Hi!  I'm learning to navigate this site and thought I would start here.  I am the owner/mama to a 2 and a half year old doodle, Ginger, who is the furry love of my life.  I also have a sweet little Rat Terrier, Joe.  In addition to fur babies, I have a 6 month old and two older kids (11,13).

Ginger was adopted in Georgia and we are looking to add another doodle to our clan.  Age and size are not important, but Ginger needs a friend who will run circles around the (fenced) back yard with her and keep up.  She doesn't have a mean bone in her body and gets along with everyone we have ever encountered, even dogs who don't usually like other dogs seem to like her.  Joe tolerates us all, but he is happy to be sleeping in a warm spot indoors and won't play with Ginger as often as she would like.  Ginger is around 65-70 pounds so a sturdy playmate is best, but she has been trained to lie down and play with small dogs as well. 

We can offer a lot of love!  I'm excited!

Where do you live, Tammy? You mentioned adopting from GA. If you are in the Southeast, check out the gorgeous dogs in our Southeast Listings by hovering over the "Listings" tab at the top of any page and click on Southeast (or any region). There you will see many beautiful Oodles waiting for their Forever Family. Click on "Join" at the top of the Listings page and then click on "Follow" at the bottom of the Listings Page and you will get an email whenever the listings are updated.

Each dog has a link with the picture. If you see a dog you are interested in, click on the link and read more and how you can apply. We suggest you put in lots of apps to increase your chances. Good Luck in your search and let us know how it's going.

Thanks!  I live in Tallahassee, so I'm within driving distance of Southern GA and parts of Alabama as well as most of Florida.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Have a Comment or Question?

Oodlesofdoodles-rescue@yahoo.com

COME FOSTER WITH US CLICK FOR FOSTER APPLICATION

© 2024   - Created, January 19, 2009 by LM Fowler - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Oodles of Doodles Rescue, Inc - 501(c)(3) Non-Profit

Oodle ~ Poodle ~ Doodle ~ Fuzzy Critter Rescue / Rehome

THIS is The Original Doodle Rescue Collective Website, since Jan. 2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~