Mateo is NOT in Marina Del Rey......he is in Phoenix,AZ! I am going to see him on Saturday. His owner bought him as a puppy as a present for the grandkids, and now no one has time for him. He has too much energy for them, since he never gets any exercise. They travel alot and he only gets walked if the neighbor, who is handling the adoption, does it. They just want to find him a good home. I think I know one!:) Keep your fingers (and paws!) crossed!

Views: 238

Good luck Susan! I can tell from his pic he has a wonderful personality. Glad your husband is doing well.
You didn't hijack it! I agree totally...it was an adorable picture!
Well, he is two years old and I don't know about changing it now. Maybe if I can think of something that sounds similar!
Thanks, Dori! The neighbor said she calls him "the happiest dog in the world" because he is always so happy go lucky!
Susan, ALL of our fingers and paws are crossed for you AND Mateo! Let us know how it goes.
I will! We go at 4pm today. Of course it never rains in AZ and is today...lol!
Let's see...you are behind the East Coast 3-4 hours? OHHH, we can't wait to hear!!! OK, we'll be patient! Good Luck.
Mateo is here! He is adorable! What a handful! I will try to post pics tomorrow. Still in the introductory phase with Lola. I put her out back and walked him around the inside of the house and then brought in his crate and put him in it and let her in. So far so good. She barked at him, he barked back, but now all is quiet. He definately needs a lot of training, but who wouldn't after spending your life in a crate or tied to a tree! The owner bought him at the puppy store in the mall for the grandkids and paid a lot of money for him, and then ignored him. He isn't as big as I was told. Standard size, but maybe 50 lbs....looks like he needs to put on a little weight. Nice shaggy dirty hair...lol!
WOO HOO! That's great news, Susan! Can't wait for the pics. Now you're officially a doodle owner!
I just took him for a walk with the halti on. What a difference. He was very good! I was amazed at the difference. Before he tried to drag me everywhere and jumped all over. (I told Ron I should rename him Tigger!) He is very graceful walking...just a wonderful dog. I think he will settle in nicely! I take pics tomorrow and post them. I am taking it slow with he and Lola so she is not threatened by him showing up. He knows how to sit very well already and seems very intelligent. When we arrived, he was tied on wire to a tree and laying in the dirt, so you can imagine how dirty all that creme colored hair is...lol! They said he was groomed about two weeks ago, but I have my work cut out for me!
It has been a wonderful month so far for us!
More pictures on my page! He and Lola are doing great together. She is now napping after playtime this morning...lol!
Attachments:
Susan, BEAUTIFUL doesn't even begin to describe him. Congratulations from all of us and many years of love for you, Ron, Lola and this beautiful boy!

RSS

Have a Comment or Question?

Oodlesofdoodles-rescue@yahoo.com

COME FOSTER WITH US CLICK FOR FOSTER APPLICATION

© 2024   - Created, January 19, 2009 by LM Fowler - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Oodles of Doodles Rescue, Inc - 501(c)(3) Non-Profit

Oodle ~ Poodle ~ Doodle ~ Fuzzy Critter Rescue / Rehome

THIS is The Original Doodle Rescue Collective Website, since Jan. 2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~